A mortgage refinance results in the gaining of a new or additional mortgage that is derived from the first mortgage. Mortgage refinancing is not analogous with obtaining a second mortgage, nor is it the same concept as remortgaging; mortgage refinancing is an entity in and of itself.
A mortgage refinance must occur while the individual is working within the parameters of the primary – albeit existing – mortgage; this procedure entitles the borrower to explore financial options that exist in conjunction with a primary mortgage in lieu of an entirely separate mortgage.
Steps for a Mortgage Refinance
In order to engage in mortgage refinancing, the borrowerwill be required to apply for a new mortgage from the owner of the initial mortgage.
1. Upon an individual’s decision to apply for a mortgage refinance, the mortgage lender will, perform an analysis of the current state of that individual’s financial affairs with regard to the primary mortgage, which can include the current real estate market value of the property in question, the applicant’s credit rating, and any other outstanding financial matters.
2. In many cases, individuals who have been approved for mortgage refinancing gage loan have proved that they are capable – in the fullest extent – to illustrate good faith in the satisfaction of a mortgage loan; credit scores and the payment history with regard to the initial mortgage are instrumental in determining the rates of mortgage refinancing.
3. Subsequent to approval, the borrowerwill confer with the lender responsible for the approval of the mortgage refinancing loan and discuss methods of repayment, as well as the intended use for monies garnered as a result of the mortgage refinancing.
The Rates and Costs of a Mortgage Refinance
The costs that are involved in mortgage refinancing can consist oflender points, fees concurrent with financial document preparation, tax fees, title fees, appraisal and home valuation fees, and other additional costs dependent on the individual circumstance.
• The ideal rate of mortgage refinancing will have a lower Annual Percentage Rate (APR) than the initial mortgage; furthermore, the individual engaging in a mortgage refinancing will be encouraged to express the fullest intent to satisfy both the initial mortgage loan, as well as the loan resulting from mortgage refinancing.
• Mortgage refinancing is typically – but not limited to – those borrowers who intend to reside in the property in question for a duration that can be classified as ‘long-term’; although some individuals can apply for mortgage refinancing in a short-term setting, the probability of approval is exponentially higher in circumstances of long-term residence.
Legality of a Mortgage Refinace
The parameters and protocols surrounding both the application and approval process of mortgage refinancingvary on an individual basis and in conjunction with the borrower’s respective state of affairs; all mortgage refinancing forms should be completed to the fullest extent in a meticulous fashion. In the event that an individual experiences difficulty completing – or understanding – the requirements of mortgage refinancing, they are encouraged to consult an attorney specializing in real estate, property, finance, debt, collections, and contracts.